moving adventures

On Friday morning I said my goodbyes to the house and to Max (he will be joining me later on once I am settled in).  My dad finished securing everything into the U-haul trailer and we were off just before 8am.

Besides a few gas station stops…we just continued to drive.  We got into LA around 4, and got to the apartment complex at 5.  We took care of the paperwork, I was handed my keys…and the unpacking began at 6.  My parents started to move the boxes while I went to get us dinner.  I accidentally ended up at a Jack in the Box (not where I was intending to go), and on my way back …all of a sudden I saw women wearing salwar kameezes!!  Not just a couple people…groups of people.  I felt like I was in a miniature Bangladesh…it made me smile.

Everything was moved into my apartment and then my parents left to go to their motel and I spent my first night here.  I actually got cold, which is a good thing.  I think I chose a well placed unit…because it never has direct sunlight coming in the windows…so it stays cooler…that will be a big bonus during the summer.

It looks like I have a bomb sitting on my kitchen counter…nope…that would be my fish!

I got up bright and early today and starting going through the boxes.  The Time Warner guy came to set up my internet, and I got free basic cable out of that too…awesome.  A little bit after he left, a delivery guy came to my door with a fruit arrangement.  It was a housewarming gift from my parents!

Shortly after they came over this afternoon, my rental fridge was delivered.  Then my dad was going to re-seal the inside of my aquarium but since that tank is pretty old…another housewarming gift I got was a new fish tank.  It is currently running and the ph is being adjusted, and in the morning we’ll transfer Phil (the fish) into it.  The bomb container is leaking a little bit, but Phil seems to be doing ok still.  He survived the journey so far, so the finish line is now in sight for him.

My dad worked on setting the tank up and fixing a few things, while my mom and I went to Target so I could get myself groceries and various things I needed.  Once back, we hung a few things up on the wall and then went to Chili’s for dinner.

Tomorrow morning, they’ll be back over for a little bit and then they’ll head back home.  I have some errands to run, lot’s of unpacking to do, and a first day of work to prepare for.  This weekend has been a bit of a whirlwind…everything is happening so fast, but it’s all gone smoothly so far.  My parents have helped me so much, if it’d just been up to me I know it wouldn’t have gone as well.  It’s been good to be able to spend some time with them as well, since it’ll be awhile before I see them again after tomorrow.


One thought on “moving adventures

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s