I moved my propagation plants into more permanent homes today. The little ornament “incubators” gave the plants a really good start. Most of the host leaves were starting to rot as the new growth took over so it was a good time to remove them and plant them. There are a couple late bloomers that haven’t done much growing but I put them in new homes as well, which hopefully will speed them up a little bit.
I didn’t have to spend any money, I recycled & used what I already had. You could say even the plants themselves were recycled, which is pretty awesome. I’m looking forward to seeing how these all grow & come together.
The above is the bottom half of a box I had taken apart & I was able to use the lid as well as a second container. You can see two of the slow bloomers above on the right side. They’re very small right now but they’re going to grow to be one of the pretty flower shaped succulents.
I’m not sure how well it’s going to work, but I am trying to get the roots to grab the soil through the wire. Right now they’re just kind of resting on top. I stapled a backing on the lid & sandwiched the soil in between. I love how half of the leaves are green and half are white…these all grew off of the same two leaves!